Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 30, 2008

Sleep

Since Alex was born, he has always needed me to nurse him to sleep, or my husband to rock him to sleep, or at least one of us to hold him....

Yesterday we were all watching Star Trek and Alex disappears into his bedroom to play with his toys... we usually don't think much of it, his room is kid proof and we moved all of his toys in there last week because he seemed to go in there often for some time alone. Well an hour goes by and I checked on him frequently and he was quietly playing with some toys, then all of a sudden he starts crying! I rushed in to find him sitting in his rocking chair shaking from head to toe as if he had been sleeping and was suddenly jolted awake, I scooped him up and he promptly fell back asleep before I made it back to the living room. I thought, "Wow, he must have been really tired and just fell asleep!"

Well about half an hour ago, we were all sitting in the living room watching a movie and Alex was nursing contentedly. Then he got down and went into his room to play. Then it got quiet, so I just now went in to see what he was up to and he is curled up on the floor sleeping!

Without us even realizing it, I think my baby has outgrown the need to have us help him go to sleep!

Maybe it is this heat we have been having lately.... he hasn't been wanting to be in the wrap, he has been refusing hot foods, when he nurses it is brief and he sometimes asks for water after nursing..... He has also been running around the house naked... we have the deck door open and his kiddie pool is filled to about his ankles and he frequently goes out to play in the water....

*sigh* I think he is growing up too fast....

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker