Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Aikido and Fiddle

For the past few years, I have really focused on my marriage, education, and my and my husband's disabilities.... and then when I got pregnant, I focused on becoming healthy and bringing a child into this world.... and then when my son was born, I focused on being the best mommy I could be. Now, I need to take a little time and focus more on ME as a person, who I am and who I can be. I am NOT a disability, I am NOT just a wife, I am NOT just a mother, I am NOT just a scholar, I want to find out more about this person that I am.... So I have been trying to get a few hobbies and expand my horizons.

I have decided to take up fiddling and aikido.

I bought a violin in 2003 or so and tinkered around on it for a while before we moved out here to Washington in 2005 and my bow broke in the move.... I am going to buy a new bow and take fiddling lessons.

Aikido has been an interest of mine for some time. I have read about it and tried to start practicing it a while back, but I got pregnant and the dojo master said I should wait... plus I have to get a doc's statement saying that it is ok for me to practice aikido with Non-Epileptic Seizures...

Step by step, I will weed out the things that are not so important in my life, focus on making me a better person, improve my health and general wellness, and then I will be better equipped to take care of my son and my husband.

1 comment:

Missy said...

hey there Blythe Family, it was great talking to you on the phone today, it has been a while. I think this will link you to our blog, in case it doesn;t, ours is http://kevinandmelissajohnston.blogspot.com/

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker