Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Rules of Life

I am on a question and answer board called Sodahead, and a rather interesting question was posed the other day: What are YOUR 8 rules to live by?

I thought about it for some time... What 8 rules do I live by? I thought about the Articles of Faith, the truisms that I had learned over the years, the anecdotal stories of faith, all of the things I was taught as a child, the Lessons of the Gospel.... all of it boiled down to one thing: Free Agency.

God gave every human being the right to decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong, what is valid and what is not, what is true and what is false.... He has let us know what He expects, but He doesn't force us to obey. So what 8 rules could I say that I live by? Well, I finally figured it out.... so I will share them with you here.


The Rules of Life
By Jennifer Blythe

1. Every person on Earth has free agency.

2. There are consequences to every choice. Some consequences require that you give up your free agency.

3. Every person on Earth will have to live with the choices they make and the consequences that come from them. You may temporarily avoid the consequences, but they will always come eventually.

4. Every choice you make matters, whether you believe it or not.

5. There are only two choices for any situation
a) to act
b) to be acted upon

6. We learn from our choices.

7. Other people may also learn from our choices. Whether you believe it or not, someone is watching you make your choices.

8. It is never too late to make another choice.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker