Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

2 years and 5 months ago

No this isn't a rewriting of the Gettysburg Address... don't worry :)

2 years and 5 months ago, my son was born, and we began our breastfeeding journey. It has been glorious, bitter, sweet, wonderful, long but too short, emotional, heart wrenching, and nerve wracking... It has brought us closer together, it has nourished my precious baby, and my own soul. It helped me to heal emotionally from my cesarean.

And now it is over.

Alex has weaned himself down to only nursing to sleep, and I have decided that it is time to take the final step and stop nursing altogether. I am done. This relationship has given and taken from me in so many ways. It has changed me, for the better I hope.... but I am ready for it to be over. I am ready to have my body back. I am ready to be able to wear whatever I feel like wearing any time I want to without having to worry about if it is nursing friendly or not... I am ready to sleep at night without laying in contorted positions to accommodate a nursling...

Ah, the bittersweet taste of ending one phase of life and starting another... but it is time... I look forward to a lifetime of similar such experiences!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker