Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Henna: Act I



well I did it...

Valerie started at about 2:30pm (thank you Heather for watching my son) and finished applying the henna at around 2:45pm she used:

2 cups henna
equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and red wine vinegar
10 drops carrot oil
8 drops chamomile oil
about a tbs. of pumpkin pie spice

I thought that the paste would be red or at least orange but it was a brownish/greenish mud color, and about the same consistency of clay mud too... Valerie wrapped my head in a towel, then in plastic wrap and I went home... at 7:30pm I rinsed out the dried caked on mud using a little conditioner (Valerie told me not to use shampoo till at least 24 hours after rinsing it out) and washed the tub out... and waited (impatiently) for my hair to dry...


I think it turned out beautifully!
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker