Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving Day 2007 has come and gone and the shoppers are gearing up for Christmas (some have already started) We had a lovely Thanksgiving celebration at my mother's home, and most of the family was there. The highlight of the evening (at least for me) was when my 9 month old son, who was walking with my assistance, looked up at my mother and said "Grandma" just as clear as day.... it was a Kodak moment... he also had many firsts: his first turkey, first cranberry sauce, and first cranberry-apple juice (all major traditional foods in our family)...

Speaking of traditions, I really missed one tradition this year that we have done EVERY year that I can remember, the telling of the things that we are thankful for... so I will just do it here: I am thankful for a family that is so rich in love and spirit, and for my marriage that has lasted the last 5 1/2 years...going on forever, and for my son - the new addition to our family, and for the love that is so abundant this time of year in all the world... Let us pray that we can have this love for our fellowmen all year round!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker