Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Temple




I am so grateful for the Temple!

I got to go to the Temple yesterday and it was wonderful. I felt true peace for the first time since my depression started last month. I was reminded of God's love for ME... not in an abstract way, but in a personal, He LOVES ME, Jennifer, the imperfect human being with challenges and struggles. He LOVES ME, even when I don't do everything right. He LOVES ME and KNOWS ME and KNOWS MY trials... He can help ME to get through it.

Last night I slept so well. I don't think I have slept THAT well for months! Today I am still at peace. I don't feel like there is a festering hole in my soul anymore. I feel like I WILL get through this and be better.

Before, I just knew intellectually that I could get through it. An abstract thought... based on the fact that I hadn't killed myself and that I had such a great support system. People who cared for me and wanted me to get better. I knew that others had come through it... but now, I BELIEVE that I not only CAN but I WILL get better.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I'm so glad you got to go the Temple and feel rejuvinated. It's so nice to be able to get away from the worldly issues for a bit and just feel at peace. I hope things continue to get better for you:)

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker