Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 24, 2009

problems...

I had an abdominal hernia repaired in October of last year... now I am experiencing muscle spasms around the hernia patch. I called the surgeon and he said that it was most likely adhesions of the muscle that weren't allowing the muscle to move as my uterus expands... and if it is already causing problems at 10 weeks pregnant, I may end up on bed rest for the latter part of my pregnancy. They can't do a CT to make sure it's adhesions, or find out what else it might be... they can't do surgery on me because I am pregnant... so basically I just have to grin and bear it till the pregnancy is over. He did say that if it gets unbearable he can attempt a manual adhesion separation... which is basically a really rough massage of my abdomen to tear the patch away from the muscle... but then I will REQUIRE surgery to re-repair the hernia as soon as baby is born... so whether I have a VBAC or not I will be having surgery the day my baby is born...

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker