Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Domino Knitting


My copy of “Domino Knitting” by Vivian Hoxbro arrived today. I heard about the technique “Domino Knitting” through my local knitting guild. I have also heard about modular knitting and thought that domino knitting could be used that way. It is so hard to find patterns for bigger ladies!

As soon as it arrived, I had to try it out and see if it was difficult. It wasn’t… after doing Mimosa twice… it is a simple idea:
Cast on an odd number of stitches and working in garter stitch, preform a 2 stitch decrease (sl 1 st. knitwise, k2tog, psso) at the center stitch every other row. As the pattern called for, I changed colors every two rows. The square took all of 10 minutes.

It will be fun to see what I can create! The book has several patterns for accessories, sweaters, and other items… I am glad I got the book!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker